Search This Blog

Wednesday 6 May 2015

My Perfume Collection


Hello!
Today I am going to show you my perfume collection and give you a short review of the perfumes. I must tell you that I am not very good at describing scents and that it may smell very different to me than that it may smell to you. Let's get on to the perfumes!


First up, I have my Burberry Brit perfume. My aunt got this for me about two years ago, but I haven't used it very much, as you can see. The reason for that is that I find this a little too mature for me. The main notes are vanilla, amber and mahogany wood and there are also a few other sweet notes such as sugared almonds and sweet peonies. I would describe it as a sweet but mature scent.


I got my Calvin Klein One perfume from my cousin when she stayed at our house whilst she was travelling the world. The notes are (according to Sephora): Bergamot, Cardamom, Fresh Pineapple, Papaya, Jasmine, Violet, Rose, Nutmeg and Musk. I would describe it as very fresh, something I can also describe as cool, but also a bit feminine. 


The perfume I got the most recently is the Chanel Chance Eau Tendre. This is by far my favourite perfume I own. The notes are grapefruit, jasmine and white musk. I absolutely love this perfume and dread the day that I run out of it. I think this smells sweet, but not too sweet, fresh and feminine. If you ever have the chance to smell this, please do!


This is the perfume I have had the longest and I think I have worn this maybe ten times, max. The main notes according to fragrantica.com are  tangerine, neroli, peach, rose, osmanthus, apricot, freesia, sandalwood, amber and musk. To be honest, I don't really like this perfume. To me it smells like sour oranges and sweets and the only reason I keep this perfume is because of the beautiful bottle. Sorry for being so negative.


I got this perfume a few years ago for my birthday and I have worn it for quite some time but I started wearing other perfumes so I forgot about it. I think it is also discoloured, because I remember it being pink at first, so maybe the scent has also changed a bit. I couldn't find the notes in this perfume, but to me it smells like vanilla and flowers. It is just a bit too sweet for me.


Next up is Guerlain's La Petite Robe Noire. The main notes are rose, jasmine, orange blossom, cherry, apple, blackcurrant, white amber and white musk. I just really like this perfume. To me it smells like flowers and musk. I also really like the attention to detail on the bottle, for example the engravement on the button (is that what you call it? I don't know).



The Body Shop's White Musk Eau de Toilette is a very simple yet very nice perfume. It smells like flowers and, surprisingly, musk. I don't wear it that often but I do like it.


Last but not least is the Tommy Hilfiger's Tommy Girl. This is the toughest perfume I own. Every time I wear it I feel cool. It has a lot of notes but the most prominent are the cedarwood and citrus.

So this is my perfume collection. It may be a lot more than you own, or a lot less, but I am very content with the amount that I have but I will always keep my eye open for new perfumes ;).
I hope you enjoyed this and found this helpful, and I will be back soon!

X Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment